Please check out two new watercolor pieces by Marty Wilson!
In the artist’s own words:
‘The steep mountains dropping dramatically into the sea along the Big Sur coastline are dramatic sights. There is a nice juxtapostion of the wild ruggedness of the terrain with man’s attempt to find refuge and tame a small part of it. The circling hawks keep watch. ‘
For More Information, visit Marty Wilson’s Page in WhittierArtists.com
CALL TO ARTISTS
“Simply Black & White” – black & white as color, no add in of any color, and all framing to be in black, white or silver.
Opening August 7th to August 31, 2010
Private Artist Reception August 14th time TBD
Public Reception August 21st 3pm to 6pm
Demonstration August 21st 4pm to 5pm
Open to all Whittier artists, working with watercolor, fiber, photography, glass, ceramics, and any and all media. All work must be original, done within the past three years.
Artist should consider the theme as embodying free-spiritedness, exploration, independence and creating what inspires, what motivates and what still needs to be expressed.
The Framery Fine Art and Gallery
The Framery & Fine Art Gallery
Entry fee $50.00 Non ACW Members and $35 for Members. (Must be submitted when artwork is delivered).
Gallery Commission Non ACW Members 45% and ACW members 35%.
Minimum of 6 pieces and maximum of 12. Please note all artwork will be juried into show.
Artwork must be delivered by August 3rd, jury process August 4th.
Artwork must have Title & Price clearly marked or we will not accept.
Artwork must have description of subject, type of process, and inspiration.
Shrink wrap artwork must have its own display and will count as 1 piece submission.
All artwork entered must be for sale.
Proceeds of any sales will be issued 2 weeks after close of show.
A copy of our Ad will be supplied to you for printing, mailing or handouts. Please take advantage of this, as the success of the show depends on a constant flow of new clients.
Juried Exhibitions Guidelines
Submissions for Group and Solo Shows:
• All entries must be original and current within the last 3 years.
• Any entries which have been previously exhibited in a Juried Gallery Exhibition, within the last 3 years are not eligible.
• All framed works must be presented in a professional manner.
• All entries must be in “ready to exhibit” condition which includes: proper framing, cleanliness and must have durable picture wire (no saw tooth hangers).
• Any entries exceeding 25 lbs. will be reviewed and accepted on a case by case basis.
• Any entry on paper that is not framed will require the artist to supply appropriate hanging equipment.
• All sculptures, collages or assemblages should be secured in a professional manner. No top- heavy, unstable or apparently dangerous works will be accepted.
• All entries must be dropped off at the assigned location and time or else will not be accepted.
• All entries submitted must meet the posted entry deadline and will include:
• The artist name
• The title
• The media and size
• The price (all entries must be for sale)